Thursday, April 5, 2012

Self Talk

Sometimes the negative self talk is so defeating. Self-sabotage. Today was one of those "I don't want to look in the mirror because I make myself sick" kinda days... What to do on a day like this..

I'm hoping talking about will give me som release. If I ever heard my daughter talk to herself the way I do, I would be completely broken-hearted. That sweet little girl is going to be bombarded with negative self images right and left, and as her mommy I have to change, for her sake. I pray my baby never feels the way I'm feeling. "You're ugly." "You're enormous and obese and disgusting." "look at that figure, it's pathetic." "You should be embarrassed to go out in public." when is this going to sync in? I can't do this to myself anymore. How am I ever going to reach my goal if I don't believe I deserve it.

This week, I'm going to start positive affirmations and focusing daily in what my goals are. I'm still down 10 pounds, and I'm grateful for it. Maybe that's a third thing I'm going to work on...gratitude.

Take out the garbage in my head, fill it back up with positivity, gratitude and praying continuously. Maybe with those tools in my belt I'll start moving forward. Do I really want this??? What is keeping my where I'm at? It's time to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment