Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day ? Postpartum

Okay...so I don't think I'm considered postpartum anymore! My baby had her 3 month birthday on the 12th, so I'm officially out of the third trimester, and thankful to be so!

This month I have released about 7 pounds! Woo hoo! I know the early on weight loss is fast, but I'm still excited!!!

My current weight is 213.8

I've worked out 4 times this month, cut out anything white and have seriously increased my protein intake! I will also be giving myself a cheat day once a week starting this Saturday, we'll see how that goes!

I haven't measured in awhile so I'm also going to update my measurements and add a few extra.

(note to self: I do suck it in!)
Upper left arm: 14.5
Upper right arm: 15
Waist at bend: 37.625
Waist at navel: 42.75
Hips at fullest part: 46.75

as you can see, I've become an apple. I need to lose inches, so that's more my focus than my weight. Looking forward to the hot bod!

Also, I've been learning how to do kettlebell swings; about 75 reps; 3 times a week. I've heard really good things.

Another helpful thing for me: fajitas without the tortilla. Marinate chicken, peppers, and onions in a fajita spiced chicken broth (healthy broths are made at home). Some good things to add: hickory liquid smoke, cumin, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt (if homemade) pepper, tomatoes, Mexican oregano, lime... I marinated then cooked it still in the marinade. Stored leftovers in the marinade. I may use he remaining marinade for a soup. If you use lime in your marinade, only marinate for 2 hours, any longer than that the citrus will cook your chicken and the chicken will end up a little drier. Not as delicious!

We did this, added half an avocado on each of ours, salsa, and spinach. Skipping the cheese, since I've been cutting out dairy.


No comments:

Post a Comment